Verbier International School (VIS) is a multilingual international school with a strong commitment to excellence at the heart of one of the most celebrated mountain resorts in Switzerland.
VIS has a very distinctive character due to its history, location, size and dedication to its pupils’ well-being. The school prides itself in giving each child the opportunity to develop their voice and to express themselves under the guidance of our outstanding teachers. VIS teachers and administrators address the individual needs of all students with care and open-mindedness.
For this reason, VIS expects all candidates to be appropriately qualified, with at least a first degree and a teaching qualification. Candidates should also be versatile and open to go beyond their teaching assignments. Relevant teaching experience is of course desirable. The ideal candidate possesses the following attributes:
- A Swiss or European passport;
- Experience of international education (IB and/or IGCSE training and experience a plus);
- A working knowledge of English (language of instruction) and a functional knowledge of French;
- A commitment to excellence and fairness;
- A commitment to holistic educational principles;
- An international mindedness.
If you are interested in taking a position in an international boarding school that provides a high level of education and excellent care to students, then VIS invites you to explore this opportunity.
The school takes safeguarding children very seriously and all staff will be subject to rigorous checks and the interview process will include safeguarding and staff conduct.